Net in de life foto’s van het jaar zitten snuisteren. Een jaar met zoveel straffe gebeurtenissen (tsunami’s, vallende dictators, protesten, economische rampspoed …), dat moest wel straf fotomateriaal opleveren.
Er viel me wel iets op. Vier of vijf maal krijgt de bezoeker van deze fotogallerij een boodschap, die je moet wegklikken om de foto erachter te kunnen zien. Dat de foto in kwestie mogelijk shockerend is.
Warning. The photo behind this screen may be disturbing to some viewers.
View photo or Skip to the next photo.
Tijd voor een testje dus. Opgepast: bevat verontrustende beelden. Maar welke. Herkent u de shockerende foto’s? Haalt u ze eruit of niet. Antwoorden onderaan.
1. Wing walker Todd Green falls to his death after losing his grip while performing a stunt during an air show in Harrison Township, Mich., on Aug. 21. Green was trying to move from the plane to a helicopter above it just before he fell.
2. In Mexico, drug-related violence reached new and terrifying heights as rival gangs beheaded, mutilated, hog-tied, and hung their enemies for all the world to see. Pictured: Members of Mexican Navy stand next to one of the three corpses found under a bridge in Acapulco, a day after 15 other bodies were found beheaded in the Mexican beach resort.
3. Volunteers sprinkle corpses with a chemical powder on a roadside near the Libyan capital of Tripoli in late August — just a few days after Muammar Gaddafi fled the capital and went into hiding.
4. A body pierced with arrows lies before the burning remains of a candidate’s house after supporters of rival political groups clashed ahead of elections in Indonesia’s West Papua province in July.
5. Seven-month-old Mihag Gedi Farah receives medical care in a field hospital near Dadaab, Kenya. Militants in Somalia have prevented supplies from being delivered to the victims of the drought even as tens of thousands pour into neighboring Kenya and Ethiopia, hoping to find aid in refugee camps.
6. The corpse of former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi lies on the ground in Misrata, Libya. The boastful, eccentric tyrant, who gave himself the title “King of Kings of Africa” because his 41-year rule was unparalled on the continent, was brutally killed after being captured by rebels while hiding in a storm drain near his hometown.
7. Residents in Nairobi, Kenya, take in a grim sight across a small river — the remains of people burned to death when a leaking gasoline pipeline exploded on September 12. At least 75 were confirmed dead in the inferno, reportedly sparked by a cigarette butt.
8. Mehdi Faraji, convicted of killing five women and stealing their jewelry, hangs before spectators in Qazvin, Iran, on May 26. Faraji was one of 12 men executed that day (five of them publicly) across Iran for crimes including murder, abduction, rape, drug trafficking, and armed robbery.
9. A 22-year-old woman in a wedding gown is rescued after she tried to kill herself by jumping out a window on the top floor of a seven-story building in Changchun, China. According to local media, the woman tried to commit suicide after her boyfriend of four years broke up with her just days before their wedding. She was not physically injured, but her heart was obviously broken.
10. An employee pulls bubble wrap off a plastinated human corpse posed to look like a dancer in preparation for the Body Worlds exhibition in Berlin, Germany, in April.
1: Niet shockerend
3: Niet shockerend
4: Niet shockerend
5: Niet shockerend
6: Niet shockerend
8: Niet shockerend
9: Niet shockerend
Ik probeer een lijn te ontdekken. Maar verder dan: een lijk is shockerend als het geëxecuteerd is en ge bloed kunt zien behalve als ge enkel z’n voeten ziet of als het Khadafi is of onder een laagje kalk verstopt wordt maar wel als het geplastineerd is en lijken in wording zijn niet shockerend, kom ik niet.